Our client’s team in Stockholm is now looking for a backend or full-stack engineer to join them and help build new platforms and tools aimed at creating great content for their users. The stakeholders are both other teams at the client who work with content as well as internal music editors who create playlists and program content for the various surfaces in the app.
The team you would belong to makes deciding what to play next on our client’s app easier and more enjoyable for every listener. Our client seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that they can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening. Every day, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products they build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists. They are a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Stockholm, Boston, New York, and London. What you’ll do
- Collaborate and pair program in a cross-functional team, where the focus is on the backend, but some frontend work should be expected.
- Architect, develop and take ownership of Java microservices, one of the largest being a GraphQL platform.
- Work on what you want during regular hack days and the yearly company-wide hack week.
Who you are
- Work from the awesome office in Stockholm (once it re-opens).
- You are skilled in modern Java development.
- You have experience working with GraphQL.
- You possess a quality mindset and pair your code with tests.
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
- You are interested in all parts of software development, from coding your service to deploying it and monitoring it. Having experience with GCP and Kubernetes is a plus.
- It is a bonus if you have experience with any of the following areas: building data pipelines, ElasticSearch, GRPC, protobuf.
If you are interested: please send your CV in English along with your availability, hourly rate and a short motivation. Start:
Stockholm / remote in Stockholm
Min. 5 years of professional IT experience.